Sunday, October 11, 2009

Melbourne, Day 1

Time is short since my Dubai trip. My tea ceremony was postponed. It was uncalled for, but the best option for everyone. I hardly have time to meet everyone, so I apologize for that.

After leaving my family and friends at the gate, I started to miss them 2 mins later. I realized that I didn't hug my sis n niece and wondered how dad was. Had to hear my sis' voice just before boarding.

The flight was uneventful. Managed to watch Transformer 2, though I didn't catch half of the dialog. I was dozing here and there. Arrived at the airport about 8am. Didn't get off the plane till 8.30am. And guess what? It took us another 1 1/2 hrs to get out of the custom. It was 12pm by the time we reached Eric's mum's.

Slept till 7pm. Met up with Eric's mates for a while. Couldn't believe I was that tired, and headed home early.

It felt like a dream. It's still hard to believe that I'm leaving Sg for good and starting my next chapter of life in a new place. I'd always known that I will migrate since I was young. But nothing really prepares for the real departure.

I woke up at 5am. My mind started to jam itself with poling and my new house. It was a nice place from what I'd seen last evening. I wonder how I can make the kitchen look like an old cottage style. And of cos, how and where to install the pole. The dinning area seems like the most logical space. It was too huge to serve as just the dinning room. So I'm thinking to double it up as my pole practice area. But the front door leads to the dinning room, so it is such a good idea to have a pole there? The initial idea was to have the pole in the computer room. However, as the com room doubles up as guest room, it will be too cram to squeeze everything there. 

Hmm.. guess I have to give more thought to the design of the house.

No comments: