Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nightmare at Pole Divas!

Last night I went to read Xiaxue's blog. It's actually quite entertaining. I would have expected her to be using proper English and all, but here and there were some singlish. It makes me feel close to home. She also meet her finance via the net. Haha. And it looks fruitful.

Today I went to Pole Divas. I must tell you, it is dam shiong!!!! My God. And there I was thinking that Int 3 would be peanuts for me. Since my grader told me that I know most of the moves in Int 3, but asked me to join just to get my stamina back. So I thought, well, why not? I haven't been active in pole for quite some time.

So I went there, saw the Adv class, and thought, ah... easy... But I was so dam wrong. We had a 15 minute work out. Not the usual relax work out to get your body into the exercising mode. But a hard core cardio work out, involving running around a big studio, and climbing up the poles. After the 15 minutes, I was so out of breath. In my mind, I was thinking jia lat.....

We went straight into combos. It was 1 combo after another. We were told to do 1 combo for a couple of times, then the instructor would go on to the next. And mind you, it was non-stop. All the combo moves were easy. But I just couldn't catch up. Furthermore, I had trouble understanding cos the terms were different. I had to observe and then do it. So they do things like mid chopper to scopio, scopio variation, tammy, handstand recover. Then they did some other variations involving these moves. But its over and over... I didn't have time to catch my breath. I was thinking, wha lao... if push further, I sure faint. 

Lastly, before the cool down, we had to do 5 sit ups from bat. Again I had trouble. Breathless, I was struggling in to straight-leg bat, which I'm so helpless in. I couldn't even get to the straight-leg bat to do the sit ups.... The instructor told me to go home practice straight legs. ARGH..... 

So I really have to brush up on my techniques and most importantly my stamina. Otherwise I will never graduate at this rate. 

So anyway, to pole friends, I don't think I am able to take any pic or vidz. Really hard. Don't even have time to catch my breath... I was still breathless after 1/2 hr on the way home. Crazy right?!?!? I called Ming immediately to tell her about it. And she laughed hard. Lolz. I will jia you over here, while you all also work hard k? I will still go to our FB page to update. ^.^

Kambate!

P/S: During shower, I was reflecting about the class. All the moves are easy to to me. So why did I fair so badly. Then it hit me. It was the run and the climb. I felt like I was doing army training than anything else. And mind you, the ceiling is higher than Ming's and we have to climb to the top. Same goes for the mid air combos. The ang mos take 3-4 climbs. I take about 7 climbs and only reach 3/4 of the pole!!! So by the time I reach there, all I could think of is to slid down, sit on the floor, pang san, Like how I used to do at Ming's. But no time, cos after i did one move out of the combo and slid down, instructor will tell us to do again, or change another routine.... Sweat.....

2 comments:

suzie wong said...

wa lao....we too lenient liao lor....(crackling knuckles)..watch out girls

Unknown said...

watch out girls too